Sweden on top of green energy – Peafowl on how startup conditions can improve
Sweden is ranking among the very top when EU lists green, innovative companies for the future. Entrepreneurs are generally satisfied with the environment for startups in Sweden, but there are still some obstacles, like taxes and regulations, that could be removed or eased up to improve conditions further.
– To boost entrepreneurship significantly would, at the same time, solve unemployment issues.
– Many Swedish venture capitalists don’t think enough long term. Most money available in Sweden prefer quick results, which is not feasible for projects that run over five years or longer. The long term perspective is more common in the US.
Some of the suggested changes/improvements are:
- Ease up on tax and regulations regarding employer stock options
- Reduce employer tax for startups, for example for the first three years and from five employees
- Reduce profit tax when selling a company
New article in Hållbart Byggande about the great possibilities with transparent solar cells. – Peafowl Solar Power är först i världen med att använda plasmoniska nano-partiklar som ljusarbsorbenter. Uppsalabolaget har utvecklat transparenta, utskrivningsbara solceller...
High-tech companies Bright Day Graphene and Peafowl Solar Power are joining forces in a development project to explore biobased graphene as a base for ink for conducting films in transparent solar cells. The purpose of the project is to evaluate the properties of...
We all know that technical development progresses in ups and downs. However, once in while we reach those oh-so sweet spots where everything falls into place and it feels like a great leap forward. Possibly, the sun is shining and the path seems clear and pleasant. We...